To reach its full potential and turn vision into reality, the portal need your help.
Our success hinges on the financial support from generous donators and sponsors. It is through them that we are able to: continue improving the People of the Word (PCW) Portal’s online library; successfully implement our various projects on preserving and promoting peoples’ material and immaterial cultural heritage; better understand the world’s cultural diversity; conduct research on socio-cultural identity through history; increase cultural awareness and promote intercultural education; and, ensure that our own culture will be transmitted to future generations. Activities include:
- Recording research dealing with the world’s peoples and their cultural heritage;
- Recording concrete examples of cultural heritage. For example: artisanal/technical skill, social practices, daily linguistic exchanges, artistic and literary expression and representation, instruments and equipment, structures, operational objects and products;
- Gathering existing audiovisual documents (ie. From other audiovisual archives) produced mainly by researchers and travelers, but also by the actual members of a given community. Such archives are a fountain of historical material, but they are currently in danger of disappearing due to the lack of funding for conservation;
- Digitization and processing (description, indexing, annotation, translation) of audiovisual resources with the end-goal of ensuring their long-term conservation, of diffusing them on the PCW Portal, and of being able to put them to concrete use: research, education, journalism and media, and other professional activities;
- Publication of audiovisual collections as “interactive video-books,” “hypermedia folders,” “encyclopedias,” bilingual folders, or even entertaining virtual narrations to be diffused on the Internet, as well as on mobile devices, digital television, or DVDs;
- Coordinating press relations and events devoted to the PCW portal (conferences, colloquiums, open houses, exhibitions, awareness workshops, etc);
- Continuously improving our work methods as well as the technical structure of the People and Cultures of the World Portal (PCW).
To ensure that these ambitious goals are met and that the Portal becomes a permanent fixture in the domain of cultural and social awareness, the People and Cultures of the World need your financial support.